How Parents Can Prep for the 2020 School Year
Posted: August 15, 2020
Back-to-school season is a familiar time for parents, but it’s going to feel a bit different in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we think of school. Depending on where you’re located, your school year could be partially or even completely digital. How do parents — and kids — cope with the uncertainty surrounding the upcoming year? These resources can help. Staying Healthy Help your kids stay healthy coming into and throughout the 2020 school year.
- Have a daily cleaning schedule to keep surfaces in your home germ-free.
- Teach your children how to wash their hands properly.
- Give them disinfectant wipes they can use on frequently touched surfaces at school.
- Show them this video on how to wear and remove a facemask
- If you’re able, try to work from home during their at-home days.
- If you hire a babysitter, talk with them about safety procedures at your home.
- Responsible children may be able to stay home alone; just check state and local laws to make sure they’re old enough.
- Set up a dedicated study space to help your child focus.
- Ask their teacher for advice or resources to manage at-home time.
- Did your child struggle before the pandemic as well? Consider having them evaluated for ADHD. Reach out to Therapy Etc. for support.
- Help your child try out different organizational tools to keep themselves on track.