Protocols for All Therapy Etc Clients and Staff
- Anyone that has traveled outside of the state of Illinois will need to refrain from entering Therapy Etc for two weeks from the date of their return to the state of Illinois. Any appointments scheduled during this 14-day period may be conducted online. This policy pertains to Therapy Etc clients and staff.
- Anyone that has experienced any of the following must refrain from entering Therapy Etc for 14 days:
- Been in close contact with anyone who has traveled outside of the state of Illinois
- You are experiencing any cold-like symptoms (runny nose, congestions, couch, etc).
- You have had a fever of 100.4 or higher within the past week.
- Taken a fever-reducing medication prior to arriving at Therapy Etc
- You have experienced nausea, vomiting or diarrhea within the past week.
- Been exposed to someone that has been exposed
- If any of the above applies to you (or anyone in your household), please postpone entering Therapy Etc for at least 14 days after the start of your symptoms. Contact your healthcare provider if your symptoms get worse.
*If any of the above applies to you and you have received a Negative COVID-19 test, you may return to Therapy Etc once you are free from fever, vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine.
- If your child attends in-person school/daycare and their class has to quarantine due to a COVID-19 exposure, then that child and their relative (siblings, parents, caretaker, etc) cannot enter Therapy Etc during the school quarantine period
- We should all continue promoting everyday disease prevention strategies:
- If you are sick, stay home!
- Avoid close contact with those who is already sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Sanitize your hands often if soap and water is not readily available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Consult the CDC webpage for more information
* As Therapy Etc staff, we deserve the right to decide which mode of services (in-person or telehealth) is most appropriate to protect the safety of Therapy Etc clients and staff.
- The waiting room is closed. Children 7+ must be dropped off for their appointment.
- Clients must not arrive early for their appointment.
- In-person sessions will end at 53 minutes in order to give therapists enough time to clean the office in-between sessions and to limit exposure of client interaction.
- Therapists will spray the couch with antibacterial fabric spray and wipe down surfaces with disinfecting wipes.
- Clients will use hand sanitizer prior to touching Therapy Etc materials.
- Fidgets, Play Doh, Sand, plush toys, etc have been removed to decrease cross contamination.
- At the end of the workday, therapists will run their HEPA air filter for 8 hours overnight
- Each office will be equipped with an essential oils diffuser and will be diffusing Young Living – Thieves (a natural antifungal and disinfectant).
*Upon entering Therapy Etc, each client will be required to complete a Covid-19 Self-Certification Assessment, which acknowledges that you/your child are not presenting with a fever above 100.4, have not taken any fever reducing medications prior to entering Therapy Etc and are not currently experiencing any of the following :
- Fever of feeling feverish (chills, sweating)
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
- New or unusual headaches
- Congestion or runny nose