**UPDATED COVID-19 Policies (April 2021)
We are proud to announce that the entire Therapy Etc team is fully vaccinated! As such, you will notice that our therapists are no longer wearing masks in the office. If you or someone in your household is high risk and hasn’t received a vaccination yet, your therapist would be happy to wear a mask at your request. All other Covid-19 policies are remaining in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
Protocols for All Therapy Etc Clients and Staff Travel
- Anyone that has traveled domestically outside of the state of Illinois will need to refrain from entering Therapy Etc for one week from the date of their return to the state of Illinois or show proof of a negative Covid-19 test 3-5 days after travel. Any appointments scheduled during this 7-day period may be conducted online. This policy pertains to Therapy Etc clients and staff.
- Anyone that has traveled internationally will need to refrain from entering Therapy Etc for two weeks from the date of their return to the state of Illinois or show proof of a negative Covid-19 test 7-10 days after travel.
- Been in close contact with anyone who has traveled outside of the state of Illinois
- You are experiencing any cold-like symptoms (runny nose, congestions, couch, etc).
- You have had a fever of 100.4 or higher within the past week.
- Taken a fever-reducing medication prior to arriving at Therapy Etc
- You have experienced nausea, vomiting or diarrhea within the past week.
- Been exposed to someone that has been exposed
- If your child attends in-person school/daycare and their class has to quarantine due to a COVID-19 exposure, then that child and their relative (siblings, parents, caretaker, etc) cannot enter Therapy Etc during the school quarantine period
- We should all continue promoting everyday disease prevention strategies:
- If you are sick, stay home!
- Avoid close contact with those who is already sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Sanitize your hands often if soap and water is not readily available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Consult the CDC webpage for more information
*Even with the vaccine there is still a chance to contract Covid-19, as such all Therapy Etc staff continue to have the right to choose which mode of services (in-person or telehealth) is most appropriate to protect the safety of all our Therapy Etc clients and staff.
**If any of the above applies to you (or anyone in your household), please postpone entering Therapy Etc for at least 7 days after the start of your symptoms, or 3-5 days with a negative Covid-19 test. Please, contact your healthcare provider if your symptoms get worse.
***If any of the above applies to you and you have received a Negative COVID-19 test, you may return to Therapy Etc once you are free from fever, vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24-hours without fever-reducing medicine.